During the last fifteen years RBC has gained a breadth of knowledge and expertise of the Ministry of Defence approval processes and their compliance systems.
This has been achieved through our working relationship with Defence Infrastructure Organisation and the Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation. Our scope of experience includes carrying out Building Control function on MOD, DIO Schemes also encompassing Crown Fire Standards in accordance with MOD Building Control policies.
Due to the sensitive nature of this sector, it prevents us from providing information on many of the projects we have undertaken, however, below is a selection of some of the projects we have been involved in:
- MOD St Athan
- RAF Northolt (project MODEL)
- New TA/Cadet Centres
- RAF Valley - New Jet Training Facility
- Re-location of Kings Troop to Woolwich Barracks
Building Control Advisor for the South East Regional Prime (RAF, Army bases throughout London and South East England) for example:
- Regents Park Barracks
- RAF Benson
- School of Army Aviation
- Woolwich Barracks
- RAF Halton
- Dalton Barracks
- RAF High Wycombe
- DSDA Bicester.
We have also undertaken works at:
- RAF Odiham
- RAF Brize Norton
And Royal Naval Sites at:
- HMS Nelson
- HMS Sultan
- HMNB Portsmouth
- RNAS Culdrose
- BRNC Dartmouth
- RM Hamworth
We have for many years, provided Building Regulations advice and certification on various Crown premises for the Government departments throughout the UK.
Where we are not working as the Approved Inspector, we can provide advice and assistance to the design team to ensure the project meets the necessary building regulation compliance and The Crown Fire Standards accreditation.
Scope of works provided include:
- Advice on designs at tender stage
- Advice at project team design reviews
- Design assessment and detailed compliance report within 5 days of receipt of drawings
- Assessment of compliance with Crown Fire Standards
- Attendance at design team meetings
- Facilitation of risk and value workshops to deliver clarity to compliance issues
- Consultations with DFRMO or HM Fire Inspectorate at design stage
- Attendance at site meetings
- Certification of compliance with building regulations
- Maintenance of project records in secure archive storage for reference purposes
- Third party reporting on building regulation compliance