RBC were excited to have been appointed to provide full Building Control Services on this historic and cherished building in London. The project is to use the existing façade of the building and create a new hotel from the former headquarters of the Metropolitan Police to a five star luxury hotel is estimated to have cost £75 million and is truly one of a kind. The 1820’s Grade II Listed Building with Edwardian and Victoria architecture will have 152 guest rooms including 22 suites over seven storeys and 1 standalone Town House. The Town House will have its own street entrance as well as a family room, dining room, kitchen, private study, wine cellar and bedrooms arranged over several storeys.
We were delighted to have been involved with this complex project and providing full Building Control Services for the new Premier Inn in Newbury. The new hotel was in a difficult location and due to a planning objection, the buildings orientation was turned slightly and the height was reduced on one portion. RBC worked closely with the Client, Architect and Fire Service to ensure that all boundary conditions were met, fire compartmentation and cladding was essential and that all parts of the building were accessible to the Fire Service. The building has a high level acoustic insulation both from room to room and to external areas including plant. The result has been aesthetically pleasing while providing a safe, practical environment fit for purpose.
Regional Building Control were delighted to be appointed to provide full Building Control Services for the £50 million new build development and renovation programme for this magnificent building, which is the newest member of the Warner Leisure Group. Studley Castle is a 19th Century Grade II Listed Country House, set in 28 acres of countryside in Warwickshire. The building was never used as a Castle. The site of the medieval castle at Studley is occupied by the nearby 16th Century house known as Old Studley Castle. The house was occupied by Studley College between 1903 and the early 1960s and was used as a horticultural training establishment for ladies. It later became Training and Marketing Centre for the former automotive brand, Rover.