Why Use RBC instead of a Local Authority?
RBC is a Private Approved Inspector. We have a team of surveyors who are qualified and experienced in building control and can assist developers, designers and contractors to achieve Building Regulations approval on construction projects from one-off bespoke homes to large commercial office developments and infrastructure projects.
Our team of surveyors are able to provide a cost effective and client friendly alternative to local authority building control and guide our clients through the maze of Building Regulations.
Once appointed, it is our responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the building work complies with Building Regulations throughout the process.
We will take on the responsibility for plan checking and inspection of your building work.
- Advise you on how the Building Regulations apply to your project
- Check your plans
- Issue a Plans Certificate (if requested)
- Inspect the work as it progresses
- Issue a Final Certificate
RBC is registered with the Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI) and is bound by the ACAI Code of Conduct which includes a complaints procedure, providing a further safeguard for our clients and the assurance of the best service.
The benefits of using RBC are:
Solving your problems and saving you money
- We work closely with our clients, design teams and contractors at a very early stage to help avoid Building Regulation problems – which will save you time and money right from the very start of your project
- Our team of experts will provide a proactive service to help you find a solution to any of your Building Regulations problems
We work with you, not against you
- We are usually able to provide innovative technical solutions to problems when we have been appointed at an early stage
- We offer flexibility and creativity to meet your development objectives and help you to achieve full and total compliance
An integrated service, wherever you are in the country
- We become a seamless member of your team
- We are able to provide advice and ideas whenever and wherever you need help
- We will build a strong and effective working relationship with you and your team
A qualified team whose performance is monitored and regulated
- RBC are regulated and monitored by the Construction Industry Council
- Private Approved Inspectors must have their qualifications checked and must prove competence before they are licensed to operate
- All Private Approved Inspectors are independently checked every five years
- All RBC surveyors have to attend at least 30 hours CPD every year, which ensures our advisers have specialist expertise and proven ability
A track record of customer service and innovation
- RBC were one of the first Private Approved Inspectors who helped pioneer the risk based approach to building control inspection more than 20 years ago
- Based on a closer understanding of the project than a local authority inspector would provide, our inspectors check the items they know need to be checked
- Private Approved Inspectors are recognised by the Government and others as having an important positive impact on efficiency and higher standards of service